Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of termsThese terms and conditions govern all supply of goods and services ("products") by Sloans Ltd ("Sloans Pets", "we, "us") to you, the purchaser of goods and services from us, including your use of the website at www.sloanspets.nz ("the website"). They are effective from 1st June 2022 and will replace all earlier Sloans Ltd ("Sloans Pets") terms of trade and any conditions contained in any document used by you and purporting to have contractual effect.
We reserve the right to change these terms of trade by notice to you. Notice may be given by posting the revised terms and conditions on our website.
To make a purchase from our online shop you must be 18 years of age or over.
Purchases from our online shop may only be made by persons who are acquiring goods or services for their own use or consumption, and you must not acquire goods from us via the website for resupply (whether in trade or otherwise).
If you are purchasing on behalf of another entity such as a company you warrant you have the authorisation to agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the entity.
About these terms
- You will be asked to accept or decline these Terms. You must accept these Terms before you make a payment using this website's e-commerce facility.
- In these terms, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Fees means the additional fees which may be payable for the use of E-Commerce Services as noted on the Website.
- E-Commerce Services means the services available through the Website by which money may be paid to us by credit card transaction and E-Commerce Process shall mean the process by which those services are provided.
- Website means this website offering the e-commerce facility.
Availability and supplyAll orders are subject to the availability of those products or services. If for any reason a Product is not available, we will endeavour to notify the non-availability on our online shop.
Delivery and delivery chargesPrices for goods and services stated on our website are exclusive of any applicable delivery charges.
We only deliver to New Zealand street addresses. The cost of delivery is as stated on our website and a total delivery cost will be provided in the order summary we in your online shopping basket.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that orders for tangible goods will be dispatched promptly after an order has been placed.
PricingAll prices are in New Zealand Dollars and are inclusive of any Goods and Services Tax ("GST") unless stated to be otherwise but are exclusive of delivery charges. All prices are correct when published. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
An invoice will be emailed to you at the email address you supply when you place your order. You are responsible for ensuring that your contact details are correct.
Payment optionsWe accept the following credit cards:
Visa, MasterCard and American Express
We also accept payment from your PayPal account if you have one.
Credit Card SecurityAll payments are processed via PayPal's secure payments system to ensure high levels of payment security and are subject to PayPal's terms and conditions.
Click here to for PayPal's terms.
Shipping and deliveryOur business model is a 'Click and Collect' model so all pricing and information on our Website is based on you collecting your purchased items from our store, Sloans at 44 Takapau Road Waipukurau.
If you need to have your purchases delivered (couriered or shipped) we will contact you to confirm we are able to do this and agree options. If you do use a courier or shipping company to collect and deliver your purchased items you accept all responsibility for their delivery. Sloans Ltd ("Sloans Pets") accept no liability for delivery using a courier, freight or shipping company.
we agree to organise delivery of your purchased items then we will let you know the couriers quoted cost of delivery and you will need to pay this to us before we book a courier on your behalf. We will use the information you supply and as you have supplied to us to address your package adn accept no liability if this information is not correct.We will only deliver items if purchase and delivery costs are fully paid, and only on a Monday - Friday collection, and only within New Zealand.
ReturnsWe do not have to give a refund if you change your mind about a purchase, so please choose carefully. If the product you purchase is faulty we will provide a remedy to meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
We encourage our customers to use the Consumer Protection helpline 0508 426 678 and www.consumerprotection.govt.nz.
We will replace (or repair) any Sloans Made item you have purchased if there is any issues or fault with the workmanship.
If your purchase is faulty and you have had it delivery the cost of returning your item for remedy must be met by you. If you collected your item directly from our store you will need to return it to our store for us to remedy.
Liability LimitationWhere you acquire or hold yourself out as acquiring goods or services from us for the purposes of a business, the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply. The conditions, warranties and guarantees set out in the Sale of Goods Act 1908 or otherwise implied by statute or common law will not apply and are excluded from these terms of trade.
We will always endeavour to have complete and accurate information on our website but to the greatest extent permissible by law we assume no responsibility for the completeness and current accuracy of the information provided on our website.
To the greatest extent permissible by law, we exclude all liability we may have to you for any claim except where we have acted in bad faith. This exclusion also applies for the benefit of every officer, employee, contractor, agent of us and anyone else we use to perform our duties or provide services under any agreement you have with us. None of the persons specified above is liable or has to pay you for anything else in connection with or resulting from anything any of us does or does not do, or delays in doing, whether or not it is contemplated or authorised by any agreement you have with us. This exclusion applies whatever you are claiming for and in whatever way liability might arise. This exclusion does not limit any inalienable rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Our maximum liability to you (if any) shall be limited to the value of any faulty products or services supplied by us and we, our employees, contractors and agents, will not be liable to you for loss or damage of any kind however that loss or damage is caused or arises.
RefundsUnless our terms of trade or refunds or returns policy provides otherwise, a refund will only be provided when it has been proven that there has been an overpayment. When applying for a refund you must provide us with proof of the overpayment. If your refund request is accepted, the refund will be transferred back to the originating credit card or held to your credit against future invoices. No cash refunds will be given.
Applicable law and jurisdictionUnless we otherwise agree in writing, this agreement contains all the terms of our relationship and continues to apply no matter where you are located at the time any goods or services are provided to you by us and irrespective of the location where you reside.
Use of our website, supply of products or services by us to you and any other matter arising from these Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of New Zealand. The Courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with these terms of trade, or with the use of website or supply of any services.
Where you or any other person who you act for, or who you permit to act for you supplies incorrect information for the purchase of a product or service and we incur cost in any matter concerning that name then we may recover the costs incurred by us from you (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis).
You agree to use our website, products and services in accordance with the applicable laws of the country or countries where your business or organisation is based.
Opting out of receiving the above mentioned messages will not prevent the sending of messages that specifically relate to your order(s).
- Completing online forms: when you complete an online form which asks for information about you we store that personal information in our database. It is your responsibility to ensure any online form is completed accurately.
- Use of e-commerce facilities: if you use any e-commerce facility provided by this website we collect information about your credit card in order that we can process your payment. Use of our e-commerce facility is subject to additional terms and conditions which can be viewed by clicking on the link provided before you complete your transaction.
- Becoming a customer: if you become a customer we may collect more detailed information from you to enable us to perform our obligations to you.
- Information from other sources: we do not collect information about you from other sources unless it is in the public domain or you have authorised us to do so.
- We may use your personal information for a number of reasons, namely:
- To personalise and improve your experience on this website or with the services we provide;
- To communicate with you in relation to any matter relevant to our business, this website and the services or products we provide;
- To monitor website usage;
- To provide you with information from third parties which we think would be of interest to you.
- When you complete an online form we may ask whether you would like to receive newsletters from us. It is your choice whether you opt to do this.
- Where we communicate with you for marketing purposes we will comply with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. This means that we will provide you with instructions for unsubscribing from such messages if you choose.
- We will never sell your personal information.
- Employees and contractors: Our employees may have access to your personal information in order to carry out their job. They are subject to obligations of confidentiality.
- Agents and subcontractors: We sometimes employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. admin functions). They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- You: you have rights of access to and correction of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. If you wish to update your information please contact us using the contact details on this website.
- A cookie is recorded on your computer when you visit this website.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, we recommend you allow cookies because it helps you to access features that you may not have access to otherwise.
- The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security measures as set out in this policy:
- Firewalls: your personal information is located on a server which is protected by a firewall.
- Browser certification technology: this website has an SSL certificate to encrypt communications between you and our website.
- Password protection: your personal information is stored in a retrieval system that is password protected and accessed only by those persons in our company who are authorised.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law.
Where you have provided information to us on a confidential basis, we will hold that information in confidence, except as required by law. We cannot guarantee that our website is secure, and we cannot be held responsible for a breach of our website security that is beyond our control.
You can request details of your personal information that we hold, and ask us to correct it, at any time.
General ConditionsWe reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time, with or without notice, which may be in the form of a notice posted on our website at www.sloanspets.nz. You should check and read these Terms carefully each time you use our E-Commerce Services.
If we fail to enforce any terms or to exercise our rights under these terms and conditions at any time, we have not waived those rights.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect and the parties shall adjust their respective rights and obligations in accordance with the spirit and intent of the parties as shown by these terms and conditions.
Unless any provision in this agreement expressly provides otherwise, these terms and conditions are not intended to confer a benefit on any person or class of person who is not a party to it.
We may deliver notices to you by sending them to an email address that you have notified to us.
Right to suspend, alter or cancel service - We shall be entitled at any time without prior notice or any liability to you, to alter, cancel or suspend any or all E-Commerce Services temporarily or permanently and/or to substitute alternative services, which may or may not be interactive or transactional in nature.
Specific Service Terms and Condition - You acknowledge that certain E-Commerce Services made available or offered by us from time to time may be subject to specific additional terms and conditions. Access and use of E-Commerce Services shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any such additional terms and conditions applicable to such service.
Our E-Commerce Services are provided through a secure website using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions are never entirely secure or private, and that any message or information you send to or through the Website (including credit card information) may be read or intercepted by others, even where a Website is stated as being secure. Neither we nor our payment gateway provider shall have any liability for the interception or 'hacking' of data through the Website by unauthorised third parties.
Payment of additional fees:
- We may charge a Fee as advertised on the Website for use of our E-Commerce Services.
- You will pay all Fees payable for our E-Commerce Services at the time of the online transaction by credit card. We reserves the right to amend any Fees from time to time and to adjust any Fees recorded on this Website if the price recorded is incorrect.
- All Fees are in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of GST if any (being tax levied in accordance with the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 and includes tax levied in substitution for such tax). You will pay all other applicable taxes, import duties, levies or tariffs which may be payable (if any).